A curing agent is a substance that is used to harden a surface or material. It is typically applied to polymer surfaces to facilitate the bonding of the molecular components of the material. The stronger the molecular bonds are, the harder the material surface is.
High compressive strengths alone are not enough to ensure a concrete of sufficient durability. A much more reliable indicator is its density (as defined in EN 206-1 and DIN 1045-2) because low porosity and permeability invariably means higher resistance to external influences. Early curing of your concrete’s fresh surface is essential to ensuring its long-lasting endurance against the ravages of time. Our ready-to-use Emcoril curing agents can be relied upon to create an effective liquid membrane to extend the hydration time of your concrete. They form an impervious, continuous film to keep the moisture in. This allows the strengthening reaction to continue uninterrupted, ensuring that the young concrete is already well protected against aggressive environmental media in its first few months. Emcoril products are applied in just one pass using standard commercial spray units fitted with suitable flat spray nozzles. Brush and roller application is also possible.
Types of Curing Agents:
There are three types of curing agent:
- Agents that react with the surface upon which they are applied.
- Catalytic agents that do not react with the material surface.
- Initiator agents that only begin the hardening reactions but do not continue to react with the system.
Benefits of Curing Agents:
- Thermal energy is not essential to heat the adhesive or the area of attachment.
- Easy to augment them by exposing them to high temperatures.
- Different curing agents contribute distinct properties to the epoxy resin system. Like, resistance to chemicals, heat, inorganics acids, some solvents, etc. Therefore, enabling us to choose a curing agent fulfilling our requirements.
- No heating equipment is required, hence utilises less energy.
- Because working at high temperatures is not required, it gives out fewer vapours. Hence, it is less toxic.
- They are cost affordable.
- Merchantline BD
- Sika Bangladesh
List of Curing Agents Impoters in Bangladesh:
Falcon Group etc.