What is Concrete Admixture:
A concrete admixture is a substance that’s used to optimise a pre-existing concrete mix, conferring on it some additional benefits or properties to make it better suited to the project at hand.
Concrete Admixtures are not the essential component of the mix, but nowadays their use in concrete is increasing very rapidly and their importance is becoming more valuable. A concrete mix without admixtures is an exception in this real world and United Kingdom is the maximum consumer of concrete admixtures.
Types of Concrete Admixture:
- Plastisizer and Super Plastisizer
- Retarder Retarding Super Plastisizer
- Waterproofing Admixture
- Admixture for Blocks, Tile & Paver
- Air Enternining Agents & Plastisizer
- Concrete Acceletor Guining AIDS
- Corrosion Inhibiting Admixture
- Foaming Agents
- Additive for HPC & SCC
Benefits of Concrete Admixture:
- Admixtures reduce the required quantity of cement and make concrete economical.
- They enhance the workability of concrete.
- Admixtures imparts early strength in concrete.
- Admixtures reduce the early heat of hydration and overcome thermal cracking problem in concrete. If there is a more heat of hydration then cracks can propagate in fresh concrete.
- Admixtures improve the resistance against freeze-thaw effect on concrete.
- Concrete admixtures maximize the sustainability by bringing waste products in use.
- Concrete admixtures can accelerate the setting time as well as there are admixtures that decelerate concrete setting time.
- There are some admixtures that act as anti-bacterial agents.
- There are concrete admixtures that decrease initial strength, but increase the hardened concrete strength more than the normal concrete strength.
Concrete Admixture Manufacturer Company in Bangladesh:
- Merchantline BD
- Fountech bd
- Falconsolution bd
- Mehschem bd
- Bangladesh Citic Construction
- BAO Chuan bd Ltd
- Desh Trade Corporation Ltd.
- China Railway Major Bridge Engineering Group Co. Ltd
- Abdul Monem Limited (Construction)
- AZ Traders etc